The mission of the Hardee County Public Library is to provide quality materials and services to fulfill educational, informational, cultural, and recreational needs of the county residents.
Work is performed under the Director of General Services.
Follow us on Facebook!
Heartland Library Cooperative
History of the Hardee County Public Library
Return on Investment in Florida Public Libraries-2013 Study
- To serve all residents of the county.
- To acquire and make available to all residents print and non-print materials and other services that address their needs to become well informed, to cultivate imagination and creative expression, to develop skills for career and vocational advancement, and enhance leisure reading activities.
- To acquire the means to provide the most frequently requested material.
- To maintain a program of service which locates information, guides reading, organizes and interprets material for people of various backgrounds, and stimulates thinking and intellectual development in individuals of any age.
- To strive to provide new methods and improvements for better service for the library's patrons.
Dee Shackelford - Library Services Manager
Rhonda Darty - Executive Assistant
315 N. 6th Ave.
Wauchula, FL 33873
Office Phone (863 ) 773-6438
Fax (863 ) 767-1091
Hours of Operation
Monday 10:00 A.M. to 6:30 P.M.
Tuesday 9:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M.
Wednesday 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Thursday 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Friday 9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.