The Hardee County Board of County Commissioners VSP (Volunteer Service Program ) strives to connect residents with county departments through active volunteer participation. Volunteers are vital to the success of our County and benefit by gaining a greater understanding of their local government while strengthening their community bond. For further information, please contact the Human Resources office at 863-773-2161 or e-mail email@example.com
Opportunities may be available, for applicants ages 18 and older, in various departments as needed.
- Those interested in volunteering are invited to visit www.hardeecounty.net and fill out an online VSP (Volunteer Service Program ) application. When applying, please consider your experience, your personal gain from vo lunteering, and the volunteer position(s ) most interesting to you.
- Upon receipt, we will explore your interests, qualifications and skill set to match you to available opportunities.
- Should you be a candidate for an available opportunity, Human Resources will work with you and the interested supervisor to set up an interview. This interview will cover details regarding department policies, procedures, and duties. It will also give you and the supervisor a chance to determine if you are right for the placement.
- If offered a volunteer position, you must then go through the County’s screening process.
- Background checks are conducted on all qualifying VSP applicants.
- Qualifying volunteer applicants are then asked to visit the Human Resources office located at 205 Hanchey Rd Wauchula, FL 33873, in order to complete a Background/ Criminal History Consent form.
- Human Resources will notify the volunteer applicant of their screening status.
- Cleared volunteer applicants will be contacted by their supervisor to discuss a starting date and specific volunteer responsibilities.
Please click here for the Volunteer Service Program Application